By Kevin V. Mulcahy
Read or Download Public Culture, Cultural Identity, Cultural Policy: Comparative Perspectives PDF
Best political philosophy books
This research makes an enormous contribution to our knowing of 1 of crucial and enduring strands of recent political inspiration. Annelien de Dijn argues that Montesquieu's aristocratic liberalism - his conviction that the renovation of freedom in a monarchy required the lifestyles of an aristocratic 'corps intermédiaire' - had a endured impression on post-revolutionary France.
The query of whilst or if a country may still interfere in one other country’s affairs is without doubt one of the most crucial matters in today’s risky global. Taking John Stuart Mill’s recognized 1859 essay “A Few phrases on Non-Intervention” as his start line, diplomacy student Michael W. Doyle addresses the thorny factor of while a state’s sovereignty will be revered and while it may be overridden or left out by means of different states within the identify of humanitarian security, nationwide self-determination, or nationwide protection.
This edited assortment deals a comparative method of the subject of multiculturalism, together with various authors with contrasting arguments from varied philosophical traditions and ideologies. It places jointly views which were mostly ignored as legitimate normative how one can deal with the political and ethical questions that come up from the coexistence of alternative cultures within the related geographical area.
Whereas a lot literature exists at the paintings of Stanley Cavell, this can be the 1st monograph on his contribution to politics and functional philosophy. As Andrew Norris demonstrates, notwithstanding skepticism is Cavell's important subject, Cavell knows it no longer as an epistemological challenge or place, yet as an existential one.
- The Philosophical Foundations of Ecological Civilization: A manifesto for the future (Routledge Environmental Humanities)
- How We Fight: Ethics in War (Mind Association Occasional Series)
- Social Media and Local Governments: Theory and Practice (Public Administration and Information Technology)
- Profile negativistischer Sozialphilosophie (Deutsche Zeitschrift für Philosophie / Sonderbände) (German Edition)
- Rhetoric in British Politics and Society (Rhetoric, Politics and Society)
Extra info for Public Culture, Cultural Identity, Cultural Policy: Comparative Perspectives