By Thomas Stolz
Read or Download Competing Comparative Constructions in Europe (Studia Typologica) PDF
Similar linguistics books
Queer linguistics has only in the near past constructed as a space of research; despite the fact that educational curiosity during this box is swiftly expanding. regardless of its transforming into attraction, many books on ‘gay language’ concentrate on deepest dialog and small groups. As such, Public Discourses of homosexual males represents a huge corrective, by way of investigating a variety of assets within the public area.
This e-book specializes in the theoretical beginning of notetaking (NT), a necessary ability of consecutive reading. Explaining the "whys" touching on the cognitive, linguistic, and pedagogical matters surrounding NT, this ebook addresses this overlooked element of notetaking discourse and brings jointly such a lot up to date and diversified, if now not opposing, theoretical views by way of best researchers and practitioners from either the West and the East: France, Germany, Taiwan, and Japan.
This booklet goals to reinforce and problem our figuring out of language and literacy as social perform opposed to the heritage of heightened globalisation. Juffermans provides an ethnographic examine of the linguistic panorama of The Gambia, arguing that language could be conceptualised as a verb (languaging) instead of a countable noun (a language, languages).
It's been argued that houses of the visual-gestural modality impose a homogenizing impact on signal languages, resulting in much less structural edition in signal language constitution in comparison to spoken language constitution. although, till lately, examine on signal languages used to be constrained to a few (Western) signal languages.
- Merchants of Innovation: The Languages of Traders (Studies in Language Change [SLC])
- Experimental Perspectives on Presuppositions (Studies in Theoretical Psycholinguistics)
- Apropos of Ideology: Translation Studies on Ideology-ideologies in Translation Studies
- A Multimodal Study of Sarcasm in Interactional Humor (Language Play and Creativity)
- Relevance and Linguistic Meaning: The Semantics and Pragmatics of Discourse Markers (Cambridge Studies in Linguistics)
Additional resources for Competing Comparative Constructions in Europe (Studia Typologica)