By Susan Batley
Following on from the 1st variation of this booklet, the second one variation fills the space among extra advanced theoretical texts and people books with a in simple terms functional method. The publication appears to be like at significant library category schemes in use in Europe, united kingdom and america, and contains sensible workouts to illustrate their program. Importantly, classifying digital assets is additionally mentioned. type in conception and perform goals to demystify a truly complicated topic, and to supply a legitimate theoretical underpinning, including sensible suggestion and improvement of functional talents. Chapters focus merely on class instead of cataloguing and indexing, making sure a better insurance of the topic.
- covers the most recent Dewey Decimal type, twenty third edition
- provides useful suggestion on which schemes should be most fitted for various different types of library collection
- covers class of electronic resources
- explores contemporary advancements in electronic assets and tagging
Read or Download Classification in Theory and Practice (Chandos Information Professional Series) PDF
Best library & information science books
Librarians needs to now paintings at a unique point from that required twenty years in the past, however the education on hand isn't really continuously applicable or available to all. The authors of this quantity have replied to this important and carrying on with switch in the occupation by means of supplying a much-needed advisor to most sensible perform for employees education and improvement in library and data paintings.
Any library open to the general public has a felony and moral legal responsibility to make their prone available. This e-book is meant to be a single-source advisor suitable to all library services that librarians can simply seek advice from while making plans, remediating, or comparing for accessibility. It has a different holistic viewpoint, in addition to an emphasis on perceiving individuals with disabilities as offering assets to fulfill a standard aim instead of as a inhabitants to be “served.
Is your institution's library bursting on the seams with books that experience no longer been touched for many years, microfilm that no-one makes use of, and print journals which were outmoded by means of digital entry? have you ever questioned how most sensible to spot what actual fabric to keep and what to withdraw to keep up an inviting number of appropriate fabric in your clients?
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: allowing entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the knowledge society.
- A Handbook of Digital Library Economics: Operations, Collections and Services (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Education, Values and Ethics in International Heritage: Learning to Respect
- The Small Library Manager's Handbook (Medical Library Association Books Series)
- Collection Evaluation in Academic Libraries: A Practical Guide for Librarians (Practical Guides for Librarians)
- Archive Everything: Mapping the Everyday (MIT Press)
- The Library Student Advisory Board: Why Your Academic Library Needs It and How to Make It Work
Extra resources for Classification in Theory and Practice (Chandos Information Professional Series)