By Harold F. Hemond,Elizabeth J. Fechner
- Winner of a 2015 Texty Award from the textual content and educational Authors Association
- Includes many labored examples in addition to wide routines on the finish of every chapter
- Illustrates the interconnections and similarities between environmental media via its assurance of floor waters, the subsurface, and the atmosphere
- Written and arranged concisely to map to a single-semester course
- Discusses and builds upon basic concepts, ensuring that the cloth is out there to readers who don't have an intensive history in environmental science
Read or Download Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment PDF
Similar industrial & technical chemistry books
Eventually filling a spot within the literature for a textual content that still adopts the chemist's view of this scorching subject, Professor Likhtenshtein, an skilled writer and across the world popular scientist, considers diversified actual and engineering elements in solar power conversion. From thought to real-life structures, he indicates precisely which chemical reactions happen whilst changing gentle power, offering an outline of the chemical viewpoint from basics to molecular harvesting platforms and sun cells.
This booklet describes how psychiatric prescription drugs, particularly antidepressants, anxiolytics, sedatives and hypnotics are one of the such a lot prescribed lively elements as a result of the greater incidence of psychiatric problems through the international. It is going directly to display how sufferers’ excretion of the lively compounds in addition to a number of metabolites is taken into account to be the most pathway for the prevalence of those rising pollution in wastewater therapy plant effluents, floor and ingesting water, soils and sediments.
Advancements in floor infection and cleansing, Vol. 1: basics and utilized facets, moment version, offers an outstanding resource of data on substitute cleansing strategies and techniques for characterization of floor illness and validation. every one quantity during this sequence incorporates a specific topical concentration, overlaying the major innovations and up to date advancements within the sector.
Circulating Fluidized mattress know-how II is as a result of the a sequence of science-related meetings within the Nineteen Eighties. The textual content comprises a variety of experiences, proof, and discussions on fluidized beds. The e-book starts by way of dealing with the increase and fall of circulating platforms, particularly fluid dynamics. The bankruptcy maintains with a much broader dialogue of hydrodynamics, together with its scales, debris, and various math formulation.
- Additives for High Performance Applications: Chemistry and Applications
- Trockenbearbeitung und Minimalmengenkühlschmierung: Einsatz in der spanenden Fertigungstechnik (VDI-Buch) (German Edition)
- Bretherick's Handbook of Reactive Chemical Hazards
- Thermodynamik der Elektrolytlösungen: Eine einheitliche Darstellung der Berechnung komplexer Gleichgewichte (German Edition)
- Handbook of Enology, The Microbiology of Wine and Vinifications
- Mass Spectrometry in Structural Biology and Biophysics: Architecture, Dynamics, and Interaction of Biomolecules (Wiley Series on Mass Spectrometry)
Extra info for Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment