By Blaise Cronin
Cathedrals of studying: nice and historical Universities of Western Europe provides a conspectus of the good Western eu universities, pithily tells their lifestyles tales, showcases their architectural historical past, and describes the paintings, literary, and normal heritage collections they've got amassed over the centuries.
This ebook profiles the traditional universities and their precise organizational cultures, finds their customs, ceremonies, and traditions, their quirks and quiddities, recounts their complex histories, describes their architectural wonders (libraries, museums, anatomy theaters, botanical gardens) and treasures (rare manuscripts, antiquities, work, and gadgets d’art of all kinds), and introduces their well-known alumni, extraordinary students, Nobel Prize-winning scientists, and famously eccentric personalities.
It is a ebook for students, researchers, and somebody attracted to those old associations that stay facilities of studying within the modern world.
- Contains a set of mini biographies, pen photos of a few of the world’s so much venerable universities
- Offers twelve institutional biographies that may be used to match universities and their complicated histories
- Written in a simple and rigorous type, with available coverage
- Compiled via a number one determine in info technological know-how, with a large event of significant universities and the tendencies with which they're associated
Read Online or Download Cathedrals of Learning: Great and Ancient Universities of Western Europe PDF
Best library & information science books
Librarians needs to now paintings at a distinct point from that required twenty years in the past, however the education on hand isn't constantly acceptable or available to all. The authors of this quantity have answered to this important and carrying on with swap in the career by way of providing a much-needed consultant to most sensible perform for workers education and improvement in library and data paintings.
Any library open to the general public has a felony and moral legal responsibility to make their prone obtainable. This ebook is meant to be a single-source consultant suitable to all library features that librarians can simply check with while making plans, remediating, or comparing for accessibility. It has a distinct holistic viewpoint, in addition to an emphasis on perceiving individuals with disabilities as supplying assets to satisfy a typical target instead of as a inhabitants to be “served.
Is your institution's library bursting on the seams with books that experience now not been touched for many years, microfilm that no-one makes use of, and print journals which were outdated by way of digital entry? have you ever puzzled how most sensible to spot what actual fabric to preserve and what to withdraw to take care of an inviting choice of suitable fabric in your clients?
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: allowing entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the data society.
- The Collection Program in Schools: Concepts and Practices, 6th Edition: Concepts and Practices (Library and Information Science Text)
- Data Management for Libraries: A LITA Guide
- Information Privacy Fundamentals for Librarians and Information Professionals
- BIALL Handbook of Legal Information Management
- Domain Analysis for Knowledge Organization: Tools for Ontology Extraction
- Intellectual Freedom Manual, Ninth Edition
Extra resources for Cathedrals of Learning: Great and Ancient Universities of Western Europe