By Andromeda Yelton
Read or Download Bridging the Digital Divide with Mobile Services PDF
Best library & information science books
Librarians needs to now paintings at a special point from that required two decades in the past, however the education to be had isn't continually applicable or obtainable to all. The authors of this quantity have replied to this crucial and carrying on with switch in the occupation via supplying a much-needed advisor to top perform for employees education and improvement in library and data paintings.
Any library open to the general public has a criminal and moral legal responsibility to make their companies available. This publication is meant to be a single-source advisor suitable to all library capabilities that librarians can simply consult with while making plans, remediating, or comparing for accessibility. It has a special holistic point of view, in addition to an emphasis on perceiving individuals with disabilities as offering assets to satisfy a standard objective instead of as a inhabitants to be “served.
Is your institution's library bursting on the seams with books that experience no longer been touched for many years, microfilm that no-one makes use of, and print journals which have been outmoded by means of digital entry? have you ever puzzled how most sensible to spot what actual fabric to maintain and what to withdraw to take care of an inviting selection of appropriate fabric on your clients?
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: allowing entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the knowledge society.
- Behind the Mask of the Mattachine: The Hal Call Chronicles and the Early Movement for Homosexual Emancipation
- Mentoring in the Library: Building for the Future (ALA Guides for the Busy Librarian)
- The Copyright Librarian: A Practical Handbook
- Easy Technology Programs for Libraries: 15 Quick and Popular Programs Your Patrons Will Love
- Pursuing Information Literacy: Roles and Relationships (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- Peer-Assisted Learning in Academic Libraries
Extra info for Bridging the Digital Divide with Mobile Services