By Sharon Packer,Jody Pennington
Evil is not easily an summary theological or philosophical speaking aspect. In our society, the belief of evil feeds leisure, manifests in all types of media, and is a root suggestion in our collective psyche. This available and attractive publication examines what evil capability to us.
• comprises the insights of students from extensively diverse educational fields to examine evil from a number of issues of view, giving readers a broader point of view at the topic
• Compiles professional critiques from American, American expatriate, eu, Asian, and heart jap individuals
• Covers the portrayal of evil in lots of diverse types of media—film, tv, song, artwork, games, literature, poetry—as good as in politics, present occasions, and the criminal arena
Read or Download A History of Evil in Popular Culture: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal About America [2 volumes]: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal about America PDF
Best popular culture books
Exposing how reminiscence is developed and mediated in numerous societies, this assortment explores specific contexts to spot hyperlinks among the politics of reminiscence, media representations and the politics of justice, wondering what we expect we all know and comprehend approximately fresh history.
Contemporary years have obvious an increase within the reputation and volume of ’quality’ tv courses, a lot of which that includes complex types of masculinity which are educated not just by means of the women’s move of the sixties and seventies, but additionally by way of numerous a long time of backlash and debate concerning the results of women’s equality on males, masculinity, and the connection among women and men.
From nineteenth-century American paintings and literature to comedian books of the 20 th century and afterwards, Chad A. Barbour examines in From Daniel Boone to Captain the USA the transmission of the beliefs and myths of the frontier and taking part in Indian in American tradition. within the 19th century, American artwork and literature constructed photographs of the Indian and the frontiersman that exemplified beliefs of heroism, bravery, and manhood, in addition to embodying fears of betrayal, lack of civilization, and weak spot.
This booklet presents profitable versions for field-based studying studies in relations lifestyles schooling. each one bankruptcy presents an summary of the implementation information, together with key issues that others constructing a plan may possibly use to lead their considering. every one bankruptcy is grounded in prior scholarship and identifies how the weather of high-impact practices are addressed within the “real world”.
- DIY Utopia: Cultural Imagination and the Remaking of the Possible
- Forget Chineseness: On the Geopolitics of Cultural Identification (SUNY series in Global Modernity)
- Elite Sport and Sport-for-All: Bridging the Two Cultures? (ICSSPE Perspectives)
- Icons of Talk: The Media Mouths That Changed America (Greenwood Icons)
- Play it Again: Cover Songs in Popular Music (Ashgate Popular and Folk Music Series)
Additional info for A History of Evil in Popular Culture: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal About America [2 volumes]: What Hannibal Lecter, Stephen King, and Vampires Reveal about America