By Lee McGowan,David Phinnemore
This detailed selection of facts comprises concise definitions and factors in terms of all features of the eu Union. It explains the terminology surrounding the european and descriptions the jobs and value of the associations, member international locations, overseas family, programmes and regulations, treaties and personalities. It comprises over 1,000 transparent and succinct definitions and explains acronyms and abbreviations, that are prepared alphabetically and completely cross-referenced. The e-book has been totally up-to-date to incorporate information of the elections to the eu Parliament and the appointment of the hot eu fee in 2014, including different vital revisions.
Among the 1,000 entries you will discover motives and history information on:accession negotiations
- the African Union
- the ‘Arab Spring’
- the universal Agricultural coverage
- competition coverage
- the eu Maritime and Fisheries Fund
- the euro
- human rights
- Jean-Claude Juncker
- the ecu Anti-Fraud place of work (OLAF)
- the Schengen contract
- the unmarried Supervisory Mechanism
- the unmarried rulebook
- the Treaty of Lisbon
Read or Download A Dictionary of the European Union PDF
Best government books
A key nation for balance and protection in Europe, Ukraine is suffering to create constant international and safeguard regulations. Political alliances, identification struggles, fiscal objectives, and geopolitical place all pull this newly emergent kingdom in several and sometimes conflicting instructions. because of its dependencies on either the West and Russia, Ukraine's international coverage is in a nation of flux.
This publication files and analyzes the reviews of the UN's first distinctive Rapporteur at the correct to meals. It highlights the conceptual advances within the felony knowing of the suitable to nutrients in foreign human rights legislations, in addition to analyzes key functional demanding situations via reports in eleven international locations throughout Africa, Asia and Latin the United States.
Drawing jointly articles from the hot on-line magazine The Asan discussion board, commissioned from major specialists within the united states, Japan, and South Korea, this booklet reconsiders what we proposal we knew concerning the 3 legs of this alliance triangle.
Holding the traditional setting and selling environmental sustainability became vital ambitions for U. S. policymakers and public directors on the sunrise of the twenty-first century. associations of yank govt, specifically on the federal point, and the general public directors who paintings inside these associations, play a very important function in constructing and enforcing environmental sustainability rules.
- Revolving Door Lobbying: Public Service, Private Influence, and the Unequal Representation of Interests (Studies in Government and Public Policy)
- Counties as Service Delivery Agents: Changing Expectations and Roles
- Regional Leadership in the Global System: Ideas, Interests and Strategies of Regional Powers
- The Oxford Handbook of Political Networks (Oxford Handbooks)
- Rethinking Chinese Transnational Enterprises: Cultural Affinity and Business Strategies (Curzon-Iias Asian Studies)
- Rush to Policy: Using Analytic Techniques in Public Sector Decision Making
Extra resources for A Dictionary of the European Union