By Lesley Cano
This beginner's advisor to 3D layout and printing presents librarians with classes, advice, and directions for integrating those applied sciences into the K–12 standards-based curriculum.
• comprises an appendix of assets for faculty librarians to get the main out of third-dimensional layout and printing
• indicates useful lesson rules for integrating 3D printing into language arts, math, technological know-how, and social studies
• specializes in 3D printing as a device to have interaction scholars in curriculum content material and advertise hands-on, problem-based studying with a spotlight on genuine, functional application
• bargains feedback for coverage improvement and directions for handling and imposing this robust technology
Read or Download 3D Printing: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library (Tech Tools for Learning) PDF
Best library & information science books
Librarians needs to now paintings at a distinct point from that required twenty years in the past, however the education to be had isn't really consistently acceptable or available to all. The authors of this quantity have spoke back to this important and carrying on with swap in the career by means of supplying a much-needed advisor to most sensible perform for employees education and improvement in library and data paintings.
Any library open to the general public has a criminal and moral legal responsibility to make their companies obtainable. This publication is meant to be a single-source advisor suitable to all library services that librarians can simply confer with whilst making plans, remediating, or comparing for accessibility. It has a special holistic viewpoint, in addition to an emphasis on perceiving individuals with disabilities as delivering assets to satisfy a standard aim instead of as a inhabitants to be “served.
Is your institution's library bursting on the seams with books that experience now not been touched for many years, microfilm that no-one makes use of, and print journals which have been outmoded by means of digital entry? have you ever puzzled how most sensible to spot what actual fabric to preserve and what to withdraw to keep up an inviting selection of appropriate fabric to your clients?
Libraries, Human Rights, and Social Justice: permitting entry and selling Inclusion examines the interrelationships among electronic literacy, electronic inclusion, and public coverage, emphasizing the affects of those coverage judgements at the skill of people and groups to effectively perform the data society.
- University and Research Library Studies: Some Contributions from the University of Sheffield Postgraduate School of Librarianship and Information Science
- Books, Buildings and Social Engineering: Early Public Libraries in Britain from Past to Present
- Where Do We Go From Here?: Charleston Conference Proceedings, 2015
- Rethinking Technical Services: New Frameworks, New Skill Sets, New Tools, New Roles (Creating the 21st-Century Academic Library)
- International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL) 2013: Vision 2020: Looking back 10 years and forging new frontiers
- The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing
Additional info for 3D Printing: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library: A Powerful New Curriculum Tool for Your School Library (Tech Tools for Learning)